Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Little Surprises Along the Way

The interesting thing about having kids is that they think so differently from grown ups.  And sometimes that can be pretty frustrating, like when nothing I say or do can convince Ryder that he needs to PUT HIS SHOES ON so we can leave the house.  Or when I find peanut butter smeared, well, pretty much anywhere (hand towels, doorknobs, sink faucets, walls, the toilet...  etc...).  But sometimes it can be absolutely delightful.  Like when I come downstairs and discover that Bentley is still excited about putting toys away, and he and Kendra have cleaned up the back room for me! 

So here are some of the fun surprises that I have run into.  (I usually don't bother to take pictures of the not fun surprises.  This being the big exception to that rule.)

Everyone enjoying watching Bentley play video games while they eat breakfast

Colton waking up from his nap looking like this

Bentley totally excited because his Pinewood derby car award was "Most Adventurous"

Wearing a bee headband and a cowboy hat.  And thinking they look pretty awesome!

Learning to stick out his tongue

Finding Elephant like this and learning he was being "punished because he was being bad."  Oh, dear...!
Having fun sitting in a laundry basket

Laying on the floor playing with cars

After I told him he could feed himself, sighing and saying, "Weawy, Mommy?"

When they randomly decide to wear Daddy's t-shirts (I thought I was the only one who liked to do that!)!
Finding Elmo all buckled and ready to go!

Wearing fire hats as they eat breakfast


Almost makes up for all that peanut butter I keep finding...!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I loved all the photos, but elephant on the door & Elmo buckled in especially made me laugh! Kids are such fun!