Monday, January 18, 2016

2015 Books





For some reason, Goodreads won't let me just link this, so I'm showing you a screen shot instead.

Over the last few years, I've become kind of obsessive about writing reviews of the books I read.  Even though it sort of feels like homework, it makes me so happy to keep track of my reading.  (Any book I read is a few minutes that I wasn't wasting on facebook, after all!)  Plus, I've gotten to a point where it's hard for me to remember everything I've read or why exactly I did or didn't like it, so I like that this acts as a sort of journal for my reading.

And beware-- if we're friends on Goodreads, there is a decent chance that I will mine your 5-star reviews for ideas of what to read next!  (And if we're not friends on Goodreads, why aren't we???)


And also, since I'm already bragging, I do feel the need to point out that I didn't bother including the four Harry Potter books that I re-read this fall, so I actually read more than what is listed here.

I've known some people who don't read much.  Or if they do, it's only like a book each month for book club or something.  They always tell me that they don't have time to read, which I don't understand.  They say that and my mind thinks, "Does. Not. Compute."  Maybe if it weren't for books, I'd find time to take up crafting or pay attention to my kids or something.  But I'd be so miserable, what would be the point?


Yay for books and public libraries and all that good stuff. 

2 comments:

Jen Evans said...

I've been listening to books on tape lately and I ran out of books and I was like what is this life I have to lead - why is it so quiet and why are there no dramatic mysteries!?!

Erin said...

My reading has plummeted since starting school, which is sad. But I try to squeeze a lot in during breaks, because my to-read list is constantly getting longer. Of course, I read way more non-fiction now and those take a bit longer usually. I like writing reviews as well, though I rarely do. Sometimes I feel like I can't coalesce my thoughts well enough, others just lack of time. But I agree that it definitely helps when going back through your list to be able to see details of what I thought about the book.