Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Friendship

Virginia is funny because it's only $10 to get vanity plates for your car so TONS of people have them-- it makes driving around amusing as I try to interpret what everyone's plates say. I've come to think of the cars in our parking lot as being our friends-- ADOM 3K, and 4JOYJEN, for example. But my favorites are two Jeeps with the license plates "WINK TJ" and "IT ROKS." What adds to this feeling of friendship is the fact that these two jeeps are apparently friends with each other! Really! Usually they're parked where their owners live, but then on weekends they'll often be parked together-- sometimes both of them will even be backed into the spaces together. This little romance between It Roks (and the owner there is a woman) and Wink TJ (who's owner is a man) has become quite the subject of fascination in our home. We stared out the window and worried the rainy Saturday morning when Wink TJ had to get towed somewhere (he's back and well again, so I guess it wasn't too serious!). And we get excited for them when they hang out together. Craig swears that Wink TJ was trying to put his arm around It Roks once...

I hadn't realized just how weird we'd gotten about all this until this last week when Bentley pointed out the window and said "Dee-Jay!' right as Wink TJ was pulling in. Apparently I've tainted my son so that HE thinks the cars are his friends, too!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

That's really funny, although I thought that Bentley HATED cars! ;0) I always love reading vanity plates, too. Some people are quite creative!

Rachael said...

I think you've scarred Bentley for life. :) Hey, maybe his car obsession comes from his name!