Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Aspects of Love

Back when the first Transformers movie came out, before Michael Bay was just a joke (the horny, gross, teenage boy of movie directors), it seemed that everyone we knew loved that movie.  The fact that the vast majority of the men we associate with here in Virginia are engineers and somewhat of the nerdy variety probably played into this, too.  I had played with the toys as a kid, though, so when it came to Redbox we had no qualms with plunking down our $1 to see it.  And as we sat there watching it, waiting for all the awesomeness we had been promised (and cringing at the stuff I found utterly distasteful), we finally got to the big, final, climactic battle sequence.  And Craig fell asleep.  He woke up long enough to stare blankly at the TV screen, ask, "Is this still going on?!?!!?  It's so boring..." and then he allowed himself to nod off once more.

I think I fell just a little bit more in love with Craig at that moment...

Anyway, I just saw this hysterical Honest Trailer (which does contain some PG-13 humor) for the 4th Transformers movie (Revenge of the Fallen), a movie I certainly will not be watching, and it reminded me of how lucky I am that I have a husband who can spot a lame-o franchise even in the first, generally well-received film.

He's got good taste, my Craig!

3 comments:

Jen Evans said...

I blame Shia lebouf. He's just so euggh.

)en said...

It's true. It's that weird movie mentality. Like when people laugh extra hard at the jokes they saw in the preview. Really? They're still SO hilarious?? Or is it just because it's a joke and you're happy to know that. Or you know this is a supposed blockbuster so you'll love it or else.

I felt the same way with Pirates of the Caribbean. Blugh.

Natalie R. said...

I didn't see all of the first Transformers, and I didn't see any of the sequels, but I was not at all impressed. Certainly not worth the time of going to the theater!!