Friday, October 31, 2014

Ye Olde Pumpkinne Patche

For playgroup, we got to visit a pumpkin patch!  This one was particularly charming because it was a REAL pumpkin patch, where the pumpkins were still attached to the vine and you had to kind of work to pull them off (and not get prickles in your fingers, because it turns out that pumpkin vines are apparently related to cactus plants).  Most "pumpkin patches" that you can visit are really just a field where someone has dumped a truckload of pumpkins.  I kind of liked knowing we were seeing the real deal.

Plus, the farmer let us ride in the tractor-- seated on hay!-- to get there, so that made it even more fun!  I can't think of a better way to spend an autumn morning!

Ready to roll

Colton finds a pumpkin just the right size for him


I found this tiny pumpkin and was going to use it to represent the new baby, but then Ryder fell in love with it and adopted it as his own.  And how could I say No to that?

Heading back with our pumpkins

The whole excursion wore Colton out


And now, because I can't resist showing this off, here are pictures from two years ago when I went to the same farm with Ryder (whilst pregnant with Colton).  Not only do Ryder and Colton look almost exactly alike, they also wore the same sweater for the day.  Could you tell them apart, because I'm not sure I could!!!  It's a good thing all these pictures are date stamped...

Yup, that's Ryder!

Same squinty-eyed smile Colton likes to do right now

I guess he still likes tiny pumpkins!

And here's Bentley, two years ago.  My, how he's grown!


I hope you're having a splendid Halloween!!!!

No comments: