Thursday, October 12, 2017

The New Portraits!

Our photographer sent the link to our new portraits yesterday and I'm so excited to start designing Christmas cards and ordering prints for Grandparents!

I'm going to start with all my favorites, but I'm putting all of them on this post.  So you'll kind of be ending on a low note, but that way if you're getting bored and don't want to finish looking at them all, it's okay.  (I know-- looking at pictures of other people isn't nearly as interesting as looking at pictures of your own family.  It's just like how hearing about someone else's dream is the most boring thing ever, but it's so fun talking about your own dreams!)  So, yeah, if you don't want to examine every single shot, we can still be friends!  Also-- there are a couple of the kids' pictures where I have a hard time deciding between my favorites.  So those kids get two.  It's not favoritism-- I like all my KIDS the same.  Just not necessarily their pictures!
I seriously can't believe she got a picture of all of us smiling at the same time-- is that even possible???
This one is almost identical, so much so that I'm having a hard time choosing which I like best...  Feel free to weigh in!


I love Ryder's eyes in this picture
But this is how he actually smiles-- so I also love the honesty of this picture, slightly squinted eye and all...

This is my favorite of Camille, but Craig doesn't like that she isn't looking at the camera. (I should clarify-- he doesn't like that it doesn't match the other kids' portraits.  If none of them were looking at the camera, he'd be fine with it.)
So this is our favorite of her looking at the camera

Despite the funny look on Bentley's face, this is the best shot of all of us walking-- I love how we're backlit so my hair is glowing.  AWESOME.  I should have glowing hair all the time.


So those were my absolute favorites.  These are the rest of them and they're ALL runner-ups...

Kind of a funny smile from Bentley, but I still love this.
Notice we managed to re-tuck Ryder's shirt since the group shot!



Camille looks a little dreamy here, but I still love this



Colton kept jutting his lower jaw forward...  I don't know why...

He looks like he knows a secret here...


Kendra wanted a picture of herself with this tree-- she's got a nice smile, but is holding her arms out awkwardly...?

Funny smile from Bentley

How is my little boy looking not so much like a little boy here?!?!

Bentley also decided he needed a picture with the tree, and also managed to make it totally awkward

I really wanted this picture to turn out.  I LOVE the lighting.  I'm not as big of a fan of Craig having crazy eyes, Ryder's mouth wide open, my lumpy knees, and Camille sticking her tongue out...

This one's a little better, but this time my eyes are squinty and now Colton is smiling weird.  And my knees are still lumpy.

This is what our poor photographer REALLY had to work with.  Now you can appreciate just how magical that first wonderful shot is!!!

Another walking picture-- I love that Camille has her binkie.  And I still love my glowing back-lit hair.  It's too bad that you can't see Colton (behind Bentley).

And this time Ryder is getting blocked by his big brother...

This is almost cute except WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY NECK???

Seriously-- how many chins do I have???

I hate my profile.

Anyway, if you want your very own copy of any of these, watch for them in a Christmas card coming your way!  (And if I don't have your address, you'd better send it to me!)

No comments: