Thursday, October 26, 2017

Things Camille Says

For only being two (but, as I'm sure I've covered extensively on this blog, but also being very spunky), Camille talks quite a bit.  Plenty of other people have commented on this fact, too, so it's not just me who has noticed.  I figured it was time I recorded some of the things she says, before she stops saying them and I forget...

One of her favorite things to talk about is her own size.  How she perceives herself changes a LOT based on what she's hoping to get out of the conversation.  When she doesn't want to try something new, or when she's hoping for a bottle of warm milk, she likes to talk about how small she is.  "Because I'n just tiny!" is one of her favorite phrases.  But then when she wants to try new things or be included with whatever her siblings are doing, suddenly it's, "Because I'n bigger now!  I not tiny!"

She knows how to work the system.  And as a 2-year-old (and the youngest in our family), she is sort of balancing between the worlds of being a baby and trying to be a big kid.  It makes sense that this is something that concerns her a lot.

Can you guess that she's got older brothers?  Or does every girl nap with a jackhammer?

The other night, we were driving home from our church Halloween party (which someone dubbed a "Fall Festival" even though the night had nothing to do with the season and everything to do with Halloween), Camille noticed the perfect crescent moon in the sky and exclaimed, "Oh, look at the moon!!!  I want to hold it!"  I understand that sentiment perfectly, Camille.
Eating doughnuts on a string with Bentley
Tough Girl


And yesterday, I was hugging Colton (who was sad).  He was laying on my bed sucking his thumb and pouting, and I was draped over him trying to cheer him up a bit.  Camille decided to lay on top of me and declared, "We're a sandwich!"  And then it turned into a whole game and Colton couldn't stay sad any more, so it was a win all around.  (No one even got hurt-- always a plus!)


She also has her lovey, a pink little giraffe-blanky thing, which has been named Gah.  (I think that was short for giraffe, but I honestly am not sure where that name came from.)  We actually have two of these.  We lost the original when we took the kids to see the Christmas lights at the temple.  Because we knew how much she loved her Gah, we ordered a new one on Amazon as we were driving home.  (It was Amazon that confirmed for us that it was indeed a giraffe-- I'd always wondered if it wasn't actually a cow...)  The new Gah arrived two days later, to much rejoicing.  And the next day, we discovered our original Gah in Craig's coat pocket.  Naturally.

So we have two of these now, which is great for washing them.  But sometimes I mess up the rotation and Camille ends up with both of them at the same time, much to her delight.  When this happens, she shows them off, proclaiming, "Twos Gahs!"  I love the "s" on the end of the word "two" there-- so logical, and so very very wrong.  It makes me laugh.

At a football game-- she had more fun than any of her siblings

Decorating a bat for art class



This girl!  She keeps me laughing!

No comments: