Friday, January 26, 2018

So Many New Family Members!

I think I've been sort of hit-or-miss about announcing when I get a new niece or nephew, and it's time I remedied that.  Because the last few months have been very exciting for the Bentley clan!

First of all, back in October, my baby sister Rachael gave birth to another son!  They named him Harrison Bentley Aveytua and he is growing into the smiliest little baby ever, with lots of love from his big brother, Nolan!

All of my babies combined did not have that much hair when they were born...
Love it when you can actually catch them with their eyes open!
Photo Credit: Brian Madden Photography

This is what he looks like now, happy little thing laughing that his mommy thought he'd nap long enough for her to shower!  As if!



Then, a week before Christmas, my other little sister Natalie had her 4th baby!  (And poor Natalie had just moved three days earlier!)  So we got to welcome Claire Aurélie Richards to the family!

Natalie in her shiny new house!

Sweet Claire!

The whole brood

Gotta love a Christmas baby!

So this has all been very exciting and happy.  And as if that weren't enough, we will soon be welcoming one more person to the Bentley clan, because my sister Tracy is getting married this spring!  So without further ado, here is Adam Nilsen, my soon-to-be brother-in-law!

She said Yes!

The happy couple

I haven't actually had the pleasure of meeting Adam yet, but I have reliable reports from lots of people and everyone has said only the best and nicest things about him.  I think he and Tracy will be very happy together and I'm excited for my kids to get yet another fabulous uncle!  Maybe in some other post I'll tell you the whole fortuitous story of how they got together, but for now, suffice it to say that this is something we've been praying for for a very long time and we couldn't be happier.  (I might be a little glad that we nabbed Tracy as a babysitter for our Hawaii trip this last summer, too, and didn't risk putting that off another year-- I suspect she'll be out of commission now!)

We'll be flying out to Seattle over our spring break to attend their wedding (special thanks goes to my Dad for paying for 7 airline tickets!!!  You're the best, Dad!).  I'm already dieting and exercising in preparation for the occasion (especially since at my family's last wedding I was 5 months pregnant!).

It's so happy to see my family growing by leaps and bounds-- what could be better?

4 comments:

Natalie R. said...

So many exciting additions!!! I think Harrison had more hair than your five and my four kids all combined, lol!! He sure is a cutie, and his smiley pictures make me so excited for claire to learn to smile! I love the picture of her with Cameron on Christmas - they’re both Christmas babies!! And I sure can’t wait for April and to add Adam to the family. He’ll be a great addition!!! Thanks for all the great pictures and exciting news!!

Rachael said...

Thanks for this nice family update!! What an eventful 6 months. :) We're so excited to meet Claire and Adam! Oh, and we were pretty shocked by Harrison's hair when he was born, too. ;)

Jen Evans said...

I haven’t been able to log on since before Christmas so I’m excited to catch up on your blog? I wonder how intimidating it is to join a big family? So many different groups to join. I’m in the sister group and the “outlaw” group (for in-laws).

W Hansen said...

Natalie's surprised us because we didn't know she had even been pregnant, until Leanne mentioned she had her baby. We're excited and happy for the Bentley clan, lots of amazing things!