Monday, April 16, 2018

First Saturday in Seattle

The kids woke up way too early the next morning, but I was so excited to see Natalie and meet her baby and get a tour of her house, I didn't even care.  We spent the morning doing all of those things and it was so fun!

Getting my baby fix with little Claire!

Uncle Craig!

Early morning cousin breakfast
Sometime before noon, we headed out to Safeco Field to see the Mariner's play!  I was excited to take my kids to a ball game-- we haven't been in forever-- and also to meet up with the rest of my family and ALSO to finally get to meet Adam!  So this felt like kind of a big deal.  Naturally, as soon as we left, Camille's lack of sleep caught up with her and she completely freaked out:
Someone went to bed at three in the morning...!
Fortunately, within a few minutes she was zonked:
Me, my Mom, and Rachael (with baby Harrison!!!) at the game

Most of us!

I can't remember if this was Leah's or Natalie's idea, but I love that we did this!  There were 27 of us at the game, so we figured we counted as a "large group" finally!

I spent a lot of the game with two kids on my lap!  There's Tracy, Kendra, & Adam behind me!
Cutey Claire waking up

That's a lot of us, but we missed Brian and Cameron somehow...

I was SO excited to get to see Ichiro wearing a Mariner's uniform again!!!!!  (He got a couple hits and made some AMAZING catches, too!)

Craig took all the kids to meet the Mariner Moose
We had to get our car to the ferry and had a hard time making the left turn we needed to go the right direction. So we missed the first boat and had to wait for the next one.  I'd sent my big kids with my parents so they could get to my parents' house right away, so here they are on the ferry with everyone else:
On the ferry heading to Bainbridge
It turned out that Adam was on the same ferry we were on (he'd raced back to his apartment to close up windows before heading to my parents' house), so we got him all to ourselves while we waited in line and then on the boat!  So that was a great chance to visit with him while I wasn't also simultaneously trying to yell encouragement to Ichiro.  As you can see, my kids were tidily won over by him!
My kids love their Uncle Adam
Watching the water glide by

Love those blue eyes

It was a great day, but we ended it even more exhausted than when we'd begun!

3 comments:

Natalie R. said...

I’m glad you had a good chance to really chat with Adam, and that we all got to see a game together!! And i love the oicturesof you and Craig with Claire. 😁

W Hansen said...

Catching those ferries is no joke. Feels like a long time to wait when you barely miss one.

Rachael said...

It was so special going to a Mariners game!! And Eliot's dinosaur face in that group shot never gets old. 😂