Monday, April 23, 2018

Seattle Monday

Monday would have been my Grandma's 103rd birthday, so Natalie thought it was fitting that we all go visit her grave.  The weather was beautiful and it was nice to see the marker there, placed near my Grandpa's grave.

Bentley Girls (+ Claire)

Colton and Camille loved baby Claire

After a nice long visit we headed to Natalie's house to let all the cousins play for a bit (and for Leah and Rachael to get to see her house finally!).  While we were there, my BFF from college, Kathy, came to see me!  We have little girls who are destined to be roommates at BYU, so we try to get them together whenever possible.  They're still pretty oblivious to the whole thing, but sooner or later they'll realize that they're best friends!  I mean, what's the point of having kids if you can't dictate the minutae of their lives???

Me & Kathy + Hailey & Camille

Not bad smiles all around...


And then once everyone was getting hungry, we headed to Cafe Rio and sort of took over half the restaurant.  I guess we ate enough food that they should be pretty happy about that, right?
Silly 3-year-olds


Grownups trying to keep their distance from the kids!

I just love this picture of Theo and Nicole

And here the 7-year-olds (plus Colton) are protecting Claire (hidden on the bed) from bad guys.  Notice Ryder's VERY TOUGH face there!

The drive back to Bainbridge was very long after such a busy day, but it was fun driving over the Tacoma Narrows bridge and talking about the time when it collapsed.  Good times all around!  We fell into bed absolutely exhausted that night.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Yeah, it was a long day, but a very fun one! I just noticed that I’m the only sister out of order in the picture at the graveside... 🤔 Oops! I’m usurping Leah’s spot, lol! Cafe Rio was so fun, I’m glad that worked out well!