Tuesday, November 5, 2019

More Halloween

We had even more celebrating this Halloween than usual, which is A LOT.  On the actual day, they were predicting crazy awful weather, including possible tornadoes, so our neighborhood made the executive decision to postpone trick-or-treating for a day.  Hallelujah for that!

Knowing that the kids would be a little bummed out, Craig decided that we should spend the evening carving our pumpkin, watching Coco, and drinking hot cocoa.  This was met with resounding enthusiasm, and we had a fantastic night!

The kids wanted it to look skeletal and angry.  Mission accomplished.

Image result for coco
Love this movie!


The NEXT day, the kids didn't have school, so they were pretty excited about that.  And that evening, we started out at a neighbor's house for pizza, then I hurried home to give out candy and Craig took the kids trick-or-treating.  The weather was great-- clear and crisp.  We got TONS of trick-or-treaters and I enjoyed passing out fistfuls of candy to all of them.  Quinn and Theo showed up, so I was excited to see them again and hear how cute it was when Theo tried to say "trick or treat" for me-- I've missed my little buddy!



Bentley and a bunch of his friends.  Those cow costumes really are obscene, aren't they?
And a goofy pic, too!


And then that night after the little kids were all tucked in, I made Bentley and Kendra start watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so that made ME very happy!
Image result for buffy the vampire slayer

 They're not totally sold on it yet, but give them time, I'm sure they'll come around!

And then the NEXT day (Saturday), Craig's parents came and babysat so Craig and I could take Bentley and Ryder back to Kings Dominion to go through all their haunted houses and spook alleys and whatnot.  (Kendra did not want to come, and since I've finally gotten Colton sleeping at night, I'm not willing to ruin that by giving him more fodder for nightmares!)  It was fun seeing all the stuff they had-- haunted corn maze, prison where the inmates have escaped, haunted hotel wedding thing...  I learned that when you scare me, I will jump and squeal and then start laughing.  It makes for a pretty weird nervous tick, and probably not what the employees were hoping for, but there you go.  And I made someone hold my hand whenever we were in a dark place where people might jump out at me.  And all my boys were VERY obliging!

We got home around midnight, which would have been terrible, but since Daylight Savings was ending that night, we got an extra hour of sleep before church, so that was nice!

And now we can start getting excited for Thanksgiving!!!  The fun never stops around here!!!

No comments: