Monday, February 21, 2022

Camille's Birthday

Before I could even worry about our cruise, we needed to celebrate Camille's birthday!  She was, naturally, very excited to be turning 7.  She hasn't really had much in the way of birthday parties (thanks, Covid!), so we let her go to the trampoline park, Jump, with Colton, Sydney, & Beth and they had a wonderful time.  

Waiting to get inside

I think it's safe to say that they enjoyed themselves!  It makes me laugh how in most of the photos they just look like they're floating in midair!

My personal favorite!

And then I served them peanut butter brownies!
On her actual birthday, she brought hostess cupcakes to her classmates, we gave her our present (new duplos) and let her pick what we had for dinner (pigs in a blanket, but I added Costco mac'n'cheese and some roasted vegetables to the mix so it felt like a meal and not just an appetizer) and I made her a cake...

And of course, she was busy all day fielding phone calls from grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins singing to her, so that was very fun!
She wanted fans, so her Aunt Leah obliged!

And Aunt Natalie sent this awesome Minnie Mouse necklace!
And then on Friday, we celebrated with Tom and Donna!  We ate at Mission BBQ, and when I told our server it was Camille's birthday, she went all out having the entire staff sign a card for her and bringing us brownies and apple cobbler, so that was unexpected and fun!  I sort of wished I hadn't bothered getting her another cake, but what can you do?
Yay for Mission BBQ treating her like royalty!


And then presents from Grandma and Grandpa!

She was hoping for bongos...

and...

...an accordion!  Our house is going to be even louder than ever!

She was also very excited to receive an echo dot!  Which she has renamed Ziggy!

And this time I just bought a cake from Costco.  And it was amazing.

So I believe Camille was very properly fêted!  She brings so much joy and enthusiasm to our family-- we love our little Karma Chameleon so much!

Happy 7th Birthday, Camille!!!

No comments: