Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Autumn Kayaking

Last spring we had such weird weather that Adam and I never managed to go kayaking.  And I didn't really feel like I could ditch the kids while they were home during the summer for this hobby (Costco runs, yes; kayaking, no).  And before I knew it, a year had passed and I hadn't been on the water at all!  That seemed so sad for something I'd enjoyed so much.  So we finally just decided to make it happen.  Craig and the kids all had a day off, and even though the weather had suddenly turned very chilly, we met up with Adam at Ragged Mountain and got some paddling in!

And it was great.  Of course.

Getting all set up!  Adam had brought two small kayaks and then this monster that could hold three people!


Camille looks so little and cute getting swallowed by her life jacket!

Kendra is a natural!

And Bentley looks so happy!


I made Ryder ride with me first, but then he was determined to get to paddle on his own, and he did great (of course)!


It was surprisingly difficult to get three kayaks all close enough together for a selfie!

I always love it when I'm backlit and my hair is glowing.  Plus we got that lovely rainbow effect!

What a lovely way to spend a morning, chilliness and all!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

That looked so beautiful and delightful! What a great family activity!