Monday, November 28, 2022

One More Short Hike

Hi-- I'm back!  Sorry I've been absent so long!  Google was being difficult with uploading pictures, and then I just got out of the habit, I guess?  Anyway, I'm about a month behind on this poor blog, so expect to see a bunch of posts in the weeks to come.  


So back in October, the kids had a couple days off school before Halloween (ironically, they did NOT have Halloween or November 1st off, which probably would have been the nicer thing to do for all the teachers, but no one asked my opinion on this....).  With a free Thursday and Friday on my hands, I decided we'd better go hiking!

We kept things simple by just going to Walnut Creek.  Unfortunately, right as we were getting started, I realized that Colton was wearing his BRAND NEW SHOES, which meant a couple of the muddier trails were off-limits.  Which in turn made for a very short hike.  The kids were thrilled.  And since we had so much extra time, I let them play on the playground for a bit, too!  As always, Adam took some lovely photos:

The joys of perspective!

Kendra managed to catch the tiniest frog ever
See???


I am in love with that pop of red!

Who doesn't love a trail in the woods?

More red!


It was lovely, even if it was short!

No comments: