Monday, November 28, 2022

Halloween and Beyond

Before Covid, we had a ward member, Br. Foeppel, who would always set up a box maze for the Halloween party.  Apparently he works at Lowe's and collects refrigerator boxes all year long for this.  It's pretty much everyone's favorite thing about the party.  Then it was stopped for a couple years as we either didn't have a party, or held it outdoors.  But this year the maze was back on!  Unfortunately, Br. Foeppel couldn't be there to set it up, so a bunch of other people (including us) pitched in to make it happen.  I quickly learned that I had no idea how to help, so I just set up chairs in the gym instead.  And picked up pizza when we got hungry.  But Craig and Ryder were actually helpful, so it was good we showed up!


The party itself went great, but apparently we hardly took any pictures of it.  But Colton and Camille had invited friends, so I was busy making sure they didn't feel too awkward.  And I was also doing the face painting (which thrilled me-- I LOVE painting faces, but usually they let the young women do it!  But none of them wanted to, so I snagged that duty for myself).  And shortly after the dinner, Craig tried out the fog machine he'd bought just for the occasion, and it promptly set off the smoke alarms.  So we had to evacuate and do the trunk-or-treat part of the party a little earlier than usual.  But everyone still had a great time!
Camille with Wren and Adrian

Craig and Wren do the doughnut eating challenge!

We carved our pumpkins Sunday afternoon:

Camille draws a mean dead body from Among Us...


FiA was properly spooky:
...because Raven in that mask in the background is TERRIFYING

Halloween was cold and rainy and gross.  I felt bad for the trick-or-treaters.  But they were undeterred!
Bentley as a giraffe, Kendra as a garden fairy, Ryder is being kidnapped by an alien, Colton is Baby Groot, and Camille is Rocket (also from Guardians of the Galaxy)

Bentley and I enjoyed handing out candy.  And once the little kids were in bed, we all watched What We Do in the Shadows, which is absolutely hilarious.  (Quote I'm going to use on my kids: "We're werewolves, not swearwolves!")

In the past, Craig has built a fire for me in the driveway and I sit by the fire passing out candy, but it was too rainy for that.  So a few days later Colton convinced him to build a fire so we could make s'mores.  He has such great ideas!

Not sure why Bentley can't just look normal for a picture...

This... is... slightly better?
Anyway, we've been having fun!

No comments: