Friday, March 17, 2023

Camille's Baptism!

If you've been paying attention, you may have noticed that Camille turned 8, which means she was finally old enough to be baptized, an event she has been looking forward to for MANY years now!  My parents had flown in for the occasion, and everything went splendidly on the big day!

There we all are!  (Kendra is NOT wearing something fun and spiky in her hair-- that's the reflection of the water in the mirror)





I'm always kind of a stress case over stuff like this, and this time was no exception.  As soon as I was done with the primary music I raced to the kitchen to get the food all laid out.  My friends Adam and Megan helped, and (at my request) Adam made my terrible cracker platter look gorgeous (all he did was straighten out the crackers and place a few strawberries and grapes artfully around them, but it made SUCH a huge difference!  Why do I never know how to do stuff like that???).  A bunch of friends had offered to bring food, too, bless them!  The Herrings had brought that beautiful fruit platter, my mother-in-law brought the enormous veggie tray and made cupcakes, Brittney had brought more cupcakes, Adam had made caramel brownies (!!!)...  I'd made chicken salad the night before and then Megan helped me slather it on rolls, and put out cold cuts and cheese...  It was a good spread!  I was proud of us!  We haven't done stuff like this recently and I'd sort of forgotten how!

We have a member in our ward, Laurie, who joined the church a while ago and offered to take pictures, so most of these are from her and I love them SO MUCH!
Ready to begin!

Adam and I were in charge of the music, which seemed appropriate

Ryder gave the opening prayer

Grandpa Rex gave the talk on baptism


Grandma Patrice gave the talk on the Holy Ghost


And then the primary president handed her a giant KitKat bar!

And Kendra gave the closing prayer!
And then people got to dig into all that food!  And after everyone ate and we cleaned it all up, we went home and took very well-deserved naps!!!  I'm so grateful to all the people who helped us make the day so special.  It was a beautiful day and I'm so proud of my little Camille!

No comments: