Sunday, March 26, 2023

Grandparent Time

So, yes, my parents were here for a few days!  As is my usual MO, I took very few pictures, but mostly we ate a lot and occasionally we went on long walks.  And, of course, we hung out talking.  It's what we do best!  These pictures are NOT in any particular order, so don't try to make sense of them chronologically!  

What I didn't mention about Camille's baptism is that the night before, she was not feeling good at all.  We'd gone out for pizza, and she just sat there not eating and being sad and complaining that her stomach hurt the entire time.  We figured this was due to her being on her second round of antibiotics (who gets strep throat twice in the same short month???), but the doctor was adamant that she finish the antibiotics.  I had her taking probiotics, too, and after that sad dinner, Craig and my Dad gave her a priesthood blessing.

And it worked!  She was GREAT after that, in spite of the remaining 5 days of medicine!  You would never guess she'd been sick at all.  I was so relieved that her baptism could be a happy occasion and we didn't have to decide between making it feel torturous or postponing it and having my parents miss the whole thing!

We were so busy with everything else, we totally forgot to give Camille her baptism gift (which is always a set of scriptures), but she reminded us!  

Happy Camille!

My parents brought Hawaii shirts for all the kids and they were THRILLED (Kendra isn't pictured because she was at Indoor Drumline, but don't worry, she also got one!)

I think Grandma's days of being taller than Ryder are numbered...!

Camille made my mom laugh as she tried to read her (new!) scriptures while spinning in circles on her (also new!) hoverboard.  As one does...
My Mom got to tag along with me to choir practice, so that was really fun for me-- I love getting to show off the gorgeous music we're working on!  (I'm sitting in the middle of this picture, wearing a maroon vest with my hair in a tiny ponytail)

On their last morning here, Colton was sick, so while all his siblings went to school, he got to ride with us to pick up their rental car before they headed up to Ohio!


In the morning before anyone can leave for school/work/the gym, we always have family devotional, ending with a prayer and hugs for everyone, so here we are!  (And there's Kendra in her Hawaii shirt!!!) Apparently my Mom thought this should be documented!

This is obviously what you need to do while waiting to order at the Mellow Mushroom...!

My Mom and I stargazing with our SkyView apps!  We managed to spot Jupiter and Venus that night!
The pictures don't do it all justice, but I had such a great time with my parents!  We managed to hit Mellow Mushroom, Five Guys, Mission BBQ, Chaps, Torchy's, Coldstone, and Firefly!  Adam took my Dad golfing one morning and my Mom and I went and got pedicures.  Considering they were only here for 4 days (and were really only here for Camille's baptism!), we managed to cram in a lot!  Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad!

No comments: