Thursday, May 18, 2023

Take Your Husband to Work Day

I've been working at the law firm for about a year now, so I mentioned to Craig it was about time he actually saw my office.  It turned out he had an appointment to be in court that week (Craig frequently gets to appear in court over truancy cases-- his job is very weird because sometimes he gets to pretend he's a lawyer, and other times he gets to pretend he's a detective!) and the courthouse is very close to my office, so it was easy to make it all work.  He followed me to my office and I dropped my stuff off and showed him around and then we got breakfast at Iron Paffles.  So that was fun!

I don't know why, but I love that I have my own key to the office and building.
When I first began here, this desk was BURIED in boxes of files

It's a fairly nice office, all things considered.  But I have GOT to stop pulling my head back and giving myself multiple chins when my picture is taken!
Craig later admitted that he'd just been assuming I was working in a closet or something, so it was nice to show him that I'm a little better off than that! 😂 I do feel like the women I work with really appreciate the few hours I put in each week, which is a very nice feeling.

Camille recently informed me that she'd told her teacher that I work teaching lawyers how to do their job.  Obviously she got that totally wrong, but it makes me laugh to see how things can get lost in translation.  (I think I'd told her my job is to help lawyers.  Not the same thing at all!)  When I was little I knew my Dad worked at First Interstate Bank, so I told people he was a banker, and I just assumed he was a teller!  I don't think he appreciated that very much (he actually worked as an investment counselor).  I guess I should be glad that Camille elevated my position so much!

No comments: