Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Husband, the Closet Workaholic

Craig probably spent about thirty hours last week working on the set for our Stake’s production of Savior of the World. Yes, THIRTY HOURS. And that was in addition to his full-time job! So I didn’t see much of my husband all week. And I have to admit that that kind of sucked (especially when I realized that my back was getting sore because I had to lift both our children all day long and never got any breaks!).

But the flip-side to all this manifested itself Saturday when the rest of the cast got to see the set for the first time. I have to admit, it was pretty fun hearing how impressed everyone was and knowing that it was all my husband’s doing. Betsy Heyward commented, “Craig is incredible.” I just smiled and told her that I’d always thought so. My friend Elizabeth once mentioned that when you like a guy, just about anything he can do really well becomes terribly sexy. Even construction.

Rather than try to describe the set, I’ll just put up a couple pictures; it’s not done yet, but in the last picture you can see four of the five arches, so you get a pretty good idea of what it looks like. Bear in mind that Craig designed all this, gathered all the materials, bought what wasn’t donated, organized all the labor, and just pretty much worked his tail off. Isn’t he great?


3 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Wow, that's really impressive!! Good work, Craig!!! I wish I could see the production, if the set is any indicator, then it's going to be incredible!

Liza Jane said...

Wow! Instead of having a handy husband, I have to settle for a great gay couple who do all the fix-ups at our house. :) I can't believe this was for a church activity! Looks fabulous.

Marc Macialek said...

I know this is an old post, but seeing the set made me think of the old days in the Scene Shop at BYU. It also reminded me of how glad I was that I wasn't there to help paint it.

Thanks for sending me the Christmas email. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well.