Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mystery

My hair dryer has three switches on it. The main one is the on/off switch, with options for "High" and "Low." Above that, there is a blue button which, if held down, makes it blow cool air. And then below the on/off switch is another third switch which is a complete mystery to me. When it's flipped on and the hair dryer is in use, it lights up green. Otherwise, it's dark. I have no idea what that little green light could possibly mean. But every time I dry my hair I like to make sure it's switched on, just in case.

Because you just never know, do you?

Maybe it's the Green Button of No-Static! Or perhaps it's sending out waves of body that will someday transform my thin hair into a mountain of sleek curls. Perhaps it kills lice (not that I've ever had any!!!). Maybe it sets up some standard so that the back of the hair dryer won't suck up my hair, turning it into a burned and snarled mess (don't you hate that?). Maybe it will add blonde(r) highlights to my hair. I have no idea.

But I hope it's doing something really important.

Because you have to admit-- that would be really cool.

3 comments:

Liz Jensen said...

If it's like my hairdryer it's ionic and, theoretically, having the little green light on is supposed to somehow help ionize your hair as it dries and thus make it less static and much more shiny. I have no idea if it actually works, but it seems like a cool idea :)

Megan said...

Alanna! I'm so glad you invited me to read your blog! I love it. Cute pictures! Email me sometime so we can catch-up a bit (or, I suppose I could always email you...:-P)

Natalie R. said...

Wow, that's very interesting. I'm afraid I'm not the right person to ask, so I'm glad that Liz had an answer for you.