Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Admiration

Maybe you didn't realize this about me, but I love Dr. Horrible. Love, love, love it. The music is really catchy. The acting is first-rate. I love that Joss Whedon (in addition to being the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, another favorite of mine) produced this during the writer's strike. I love that the most evil villain in it is "Bad Horse-- the thoroughbred of sin." I just love it. And, of course, since I love it, I either watch it or have the music playing constantly. (Obsessing over things that we love is a family trait. Really!) Which means that my kids end up watching it, too. So Bentley is a Dr. Horrible fan, also. He's been a fan just about as long as I have, and even could say "Dr. Horrible" when he wasn't even very good at talking yet-- it sounded like, "Dapo Hoble," but I knew what he meant. He and I are kindred spirits.

Just to illustrate how much Bentley likes Dr. Horrible, one time I was asking him if he was Daddy's boy or Mommy's boy, and he just grinned and said, "Dapo Hoble boy!" So there you have it.

So while we were visiting Natalie's place in Hershey, one of Bentley's favorite toys that he discovered were his Uncle Cameron's goggles.

It's not just me, right-- there's a definite resemblance there, right???




Apparently my son has a future in world domination. And hopefully really good singing. I'm so proud!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

That is really, really cute!!

Rachael said...

I'm totally sensing an evil cackle coming from that child. :)

Natalie R. said...

Ha ha, that's so awesome!! I'm going to start calling him Billy Bentley. :0)