Monday, July 13, 2009

Orange Monday

I actually try really hard (for me) to feed my kids fairly healthy food. If you knew me during my college days, you'll know that I pretty much lived on goldfish crackers and chocolate chips, washed down with the Creamery's chocolate milk. (Heaven.) So even just trying to make sure they get fruits and vegetables every day is not exactly what comes naturally to me. But I do try.

So today, as I was spooning squash into Kendra's mouth, it suddenly occurred to me that the last things I'd fed her were: (baby food) squash, (cheddar cheese) goldfish crackers, macaroni & cheese, and (baby food) peaches.

Is anyone else noticing the color scheme involved here? As if that weren't enough, Craig then feed her a piece of cheese! My poor little girl is going to turn orange!!!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Hmm, maybe that's why she always looks so tan... She's turning orange!!

Mary Gray said...

lol. It's so true! I've noticed that horrid orange/yellow phenomenon with the foods I can get my kids to eat. That's why I'm always trying to flourish a dinner plate with a hefty side of GREEN vegetables (Adam hates it when it's broccoli).

But, you are the woman. You are such a good example with how you keep junk food out of your kids' diets. I'm SO not good at that!