Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The End Is In Sight

After working on our bathroom all summer long, it's finally getting close to being done. Here's what's left:

-finish installing shower door (this is half done-- the glass panel is in, just not the door)
-install vanity, including countertop, sink, faucet, etc.
-put in medicine cabinet and mirror
-paint
-put up towel rods
-buy towel set (none of the ones we already have match the bathroom, and I've been saving my 20% off your entire purchase coupon at Bed, Bath & Beyond just for this!)
-put up blinds (I love my new bathroom, but I don't need to display it to everyone outside!)

Okay, so it sounds like a lot when I put it in list form like that, but considering all that's already done, none of this is really very complicated or very time-consuming. Just to give you some perspective, here is what's finished (sorry that some of this is a repeat-- if it's too boring, just skip it):

-one wall moved to give the bathroom a little extra space
-all drywall removed
-insulation replaced
-studs moved to better locations
-wiring re-done
-drywall replaced
-shower inserts made and installed (two for shampoo, one for soap, and one as a footrest so I can shave; guess which one is my favorite?)
-window replaced
-floor heating installed
-pipes replaced
-floor, shower, and half of one wall tiled & grouted
-toilet installed
-lights and fan installed
-vanity rebuilt* so it fits in bathroom (did I mention before that this is a very small bathroom?)
-everything spackled and sanded many times over
-door and window frame finished and caulked
-shower door ordered and partially installed
-granite ordered to be cut

So most of it really is done. Just a few things left to wrap up.

And we bought new knobs for the vanity. Maybe I'll go put those on right now-- then I can pretend like I contributed!

And yes, oodles of pictures will be posted once it's all done. Never fear!



*Cannot thank my father-in-law enough for doing this in the little bit of spare time when he wasn't here working on the bathroom. Thanks, Tom!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting, I can't wait to see the finished project!!

Oneup said...

You're going to have heated floors?!?! Or rather already do...I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous.