Sunday, August 12, 2012

7 Years (not in Tibet)

Today is Craig and my anniversary!

Photo credit: John DeHeide.  Thanks for just giving me all the negatives from that special day!

I don't think my blog is the appropriate place to tell Craig all my deepest feelings for him, so I'll spare you that. Instead, I'll just tell you this story that kind of sums up how I feel about us. Last night, Craig was getting himself all tucked into bed while I stayed up to prepare a lesson for church. I glanced over at him and realized that he was very carefully placing our sheet over his nose and mouth.

"What are you doing?" I asked in my most incredulous voice.

"Putting the sheet over my face.  The fan is blowing on me.  I don't want it to be blowing dust up my nose or something all night."  He explained this as if it were the most normal thing ever.

"Yeah.  That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen."

"I do this every night!  How have you not noticed before?!?!"

"Seriously, you look like in elementary school when boys are trying to use their shirts to protect themselves from girl cooties or something!  How are you this weird?"

"No, really, I do this every night!  How have you not noticed before!?"

And so we argued and laughed until it turned into a tickle fight, and then we laughed even harder until we finally had to call a truce.

After seven years and three (and a half) kids, I'm still learning new things about this guy every day.  And still laughing.

Ibid.  And I sure love this picture.
What more could you hope for in a marriage?

4 comments:

Anne said...

Wait, how do we have the same anniversary? And why didn't I remember that? 6 years for us though. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Nancy said...

Brandon and I have now known each other for almost 28 years and we are still always finding out new stuff. It's fun. Happy anniversary!

Natalie R. said...

That's a great story, it's always fun to learn new things about each other! Sorry I'm so far behind, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I hope it was a wonderful day, and I sure enjoy the pictures from your special day!

delilas said...

John and I have 20 years on you and Craig and we still surprise each other. The tickle fight is the most fun part about it all. Happy Anniversary!