Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hawaii by Helicopter

We took a helicopter tour of Oahu.  It was really cool, but unfortunately I don't seem to have the stomach for stuff like this.  As easy as it would be to blame the pregnancy for this, I think the truth is that it's just me-- the last time I threw up was also motion sickness (that time on a plane) and I wasn't pregnant then.  Curse my weak stomach!

Fortunately, I had the foresight to give my camera to Craig before we got on the helicopter.  So even though I had to be concentrating on happy thoughts, Craig still got some great pictures.  Enjoy!

Bentley being led to his seat.  I thought he was very brave about the whole thing!

Kendra and I heading out, as well

I liked this lighthouse.  My friend Janine loved lighthouses, so I wanted a picture of it for her.

The house we were staying at is in this shot.  If you click on it to enlarge it, it's the second house from the left and you can barely make out the pool in the courtyard.  Four doors down (right) from us is where the Obamas stay when they vacation in Hawaii!

This waterfall is only visible by helicopter.  It falls like 1100 feet or something crazy like that-- it was very impressive.

Looking down on the Laie temple!

Bentley, sitting up front next to the pilot, spent the entire trip concentrating very hard.  I'm not sure why or what exactly was going on in that head of his, but he took the whole thing very seriously.

The maze at the Dole Plantation.  This is where I finally gave up and started puking, so I'm glad Craig got a good shot of this!
If you aren't prone to motion sickness, this is a really great way to get a feel for the entire island.  If you are prone to motion sickness, you should try wearing those little wristbands that push on your pressure points-- they actually help a lot!  I just wish I would have remembered to wear them that day!
The whole gang plus our pilot!  And, for me, feeling much better with my feet back on solid ground!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

These photos made me feel like I've been flying over Oahu!

Natalie R. said...

That's so fun, what an awesome day!! The Blue Hawaiian looks a lot like the Life Lion so that's kind of fun. I'm glad you got to look at beautiful waterfalls and scenery instead of getting airlifted to a hospital... ;0) Sorry you got so sick, but I'm glad you got to go!