Saturday, January 24, 2015

Edging Closer...

My doctor likes to do an ultrasound at 34 weeks to make sure the baby is head down, check my amniotic fluid levels, and-- since she's nice like that-- double check that any gender predictions are still looking accurate.  So that's what we did last week and everything is looking good!  Still female, plenty of fluid, head-down and ready for labor...

The only thing that worried me from the whole appointment was the weight guess-timate.  Now, I've read the literature: ultrasound weight predictions can be off by as much as a pound, so I try really hard to not place too much stock in this.  But still.  My doctor guessed that this little baby girl was weighing in at about 7 lbs.  As opposed to the Babycenter.com info which says your baby should weigh about 5 3/4 lbs at that point.  Or, as my doctor put it, "That's no pipsqueak in there..."

Since Colton weighed in at a hefty 9 lb 14 oz, and my sister just had a 10 lb baby in August, I suddenly find myself reeeeeally hoping that this baby decides to come a bit early.  A small baby would be so much easier to deliver!

I also spent a few minutes this week checking out a photographer's newborn photos (I'm hoping to do those again with this baby, since I loved Colton's portraits so much), and realizing that my baby was probably already the same size as all the babies I was looking at.  Sigh.

Anyway, we're at 36 weeks and counting, and as of last Wednesday I was already dilated to a 2.  Maybe just two more weeks and then she could come?

Please?

I'm sure this has nothing to do with my burgeoning figure, but Ryder has taken to stuffing blankies in his sleepies.  It's quite the look...

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Ryder is such a hoot! I'm glad you are doing well & hope little baby girl Smith is little!

ugkuyg said...

Ha! That's hilarious. And I can finally see your blog again! I don't even think it was the invite, I just had to delete all the weird stuff after your blog address.