Saturday, November 7, 2009

Standards

The other day, Bentley and I had the following discussion:

Bentley: Captain Hammer* is kind of a wimp.
Me: Yeah? How come Captain Hammer is a wimp?
Bentley: Because he starts crying over a little tiny bruise.
Me: Yeah, that's pretty wimpy of him. What about Dr. Horrible? Is he a wimp?
Bentley: No, Dr. Horrible's not a wimp.
Me: Yeah. He's pretty tough, huh. What about Daddy? Is he tough like Dr. Horrible?
Bentley: Yeah, Daddy's pretty tough. (Pause as Bentley thinks.) Except, Daddy's kind of a wimp with peanut butter...

Apparently in Bentley's mind Allergies = Wimpiness.

Who knew?



*Captain Hammer is Dr. Horrible's arch nemesis, for those of you still unfamiliar with Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.

4 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Hahahahahaha!!!!! I love the minds of our kids!

Natalie R. said...

That is hilarious!! So does that mean that Samuel's a wimp with milk, then? Since we're talking about allergies, why is it that your husband is allergic to almost everything, but my son is the one with allergies?? Life can be just so unfair. ;0)

Mary Gray said...

What an insightful little kiddo. Aww!

Juliana said...

I laughed SO hard when I read this. Then I made Jeff read it too. And he laughed even harder.

You have smart kids, I love it!