Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tribute

Craig's grandmother, Mary Dalton-- Grandmere to us-- passed away on Tuesday. She was 91, so while we are sad and miss her, we are mostly glad that we got to have her in our lives for so long. I certainly can't claim to have known Grandmere very intimately; I think I can count on one hand the times when we were able to visit her. But she was a lovely lady. Despite the health problems she faced later in her life, namely dysphonia and vision loss, she still managed to spend time with and be involved with her family.

I wanted to share some of the photos we have of her here as a way of expressing my condolences to her daughters, my fabulous mother-in-law Donna, and her wonderful sister Lynda.

At my wedding, the first time that I met Grandmere


Mary with her grandsons and great-grandchildren, in South Carolina for Christmas 2006


With her two daughters and sons-in-law, Tom & Donna and Lynda & Greg


The whole family


Extended family (I could try to guess at names, but I think I'd get too many of them mixed up)


Lynda and Mary


Watching the great-grandchildren open presents Christmas morning, 2006


Holding Bentley at 3 months



Still buddies now that Bentley is two


And I have to include this one since Kendra is finally on the scene!


May you rest in peace, Grandmere. We love you and miss you.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

That was a very nice post, those pictures are really wonderful. I'm glad she was able to have such a long and happy life.