Friday, January 20, 2012

Conversations with My Children

Bentley and Kendra were supposed to be getting dressed in their room while I was checking on Ryder. I went back upstairs to find them both fully clothed, laying on their beds, trying to suppress giggles. I took the bait and asked, "What's going on, guys?"

And they responded gleefully, "We're pretending to be dead!"

"Oh... Um, why?"

"So that way if the evil decepticons show up, they'll think we're dead! And then when they leave, we can rise up and shoot them!"

That may be the weirdest answer I have ever heard. To anything.



A few minutes later they announced that they had the magical power to turn anyone into a transformer. So it won't be long before I give up my humdrum life as a stay-at-home mom and resume it as Sentinel Prime. Bentley is already Bumblebee, Kendra is Optimus Prime, and Ryder is Megatron (he likes to roar, so that qualifies him as a bad guy, apparently), so I should fit right in.



Life. It's such an adventure!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love children's imaginations. Does it say anything about me that I remember a LOT of the make-believe games my sisters and I played?? I know Aaron is into pretending one toy is a machine that makes something else, usually whatever dessert that was most recently eaten in our house. That could come in handy down the road...

Nancy said...

Bonus of homeschooling: Even my almost 8 year old is not in to Transformers.

Juliana said...

Your life sounds like it has so much more FUN in it than mine! :)