Saturday, July 7, 2012

An Anniversary, of sorts

I began running a year ago!  My goal was to run twice a week, and I think I've made it most weeks for this whole year.  And if I missed, it was probably due to weather.  I tried flipping back through my planner to confirm this, but either I've been terrible about writing down when I've gone running, or else I'm severely delusional about how consistent I've been about running.  I'm pretty darn sure that I've been consistent, so let's just assume it's my record-keeping abilities that are flawed, not my memory.

Okay?

Anyway.  I wish I could say that in order to celebrate this bench mark, I had my best run ever today.  But the fact is that I slept in late, tried running at 9 o'clock in the morning, and quickly realized that it was just too dang hot.  Even walking downhill I was still gasping for air.  Once I was home in the air conditioning and had downed a bottle of water, I checked the temperature.  According to weather.com, it was 86 degrees, but with the humidity, it felt like 98.  I'm going to tell myself that running would have been suicidal and that I still get points for trying.

Next week I'll get up early to go!

And we'll just see if I can manage to keep doing this for another year!


No comments: