Sunday, July 1, 2012

I Am Ridiculously Excited About This

Today is a red-letter day.  First of all, it's the first day in July, and this month promises to be a truly spectacular month of travel and fun for our little family, starting with New York City with all my family, then moving on to Hawaii with all of Craig's family, and ending with a quick visit to see my parents in Seattle.  It's almost too much goodness packed into one little month.

And as if that wasn't enough joy and happiness, Bentley and I began reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone this morning.  I read the first chapter, letting Bentley read a couple sentences (well, very slowly sound them out.  We all have to start somewhere!).  And we've been discussing what we read.  And he can hardly wait until after lunch when we'll read some more.

Getting to share wonderful things like Harry Potter and Hawaii and taxi cab rides with your children must be some of the best things about being a Mom.

My life is so good right now.

Happy July, everyone!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Ahhh...the next generation of Harry Potter readers-that is great!

Anne said...

So fun! Enjoy all your trips! I can't wait to read Harry Potter with my kids!