Thursday, July 12, 2012

She's Crafty!

It's taken me a while to understand my true feelings about making crafts. For a long time I just took the attitude that I hated doing them.  I figured since it didn't come naturally and since I hardly ever bothered doing them, I must not like it, right?  But then I noticed that I had a really fun time at Super Saturdays.  In fact, I even began looking forward to them.  So that didn't make much sense.  It finally dawned on me that I don't hate crafts at all.  In fact, if I've got a friend to chat with while I do them, I actually enjoy crafts a lot!  The problem is that if I don't have a friend to craft with, I will always choose to read a book instead.  (I know a few people who are both readers AND crafty.  I wonder how they have time for both.)

So anyway.  It's been fun to accept my "crafty" side, even if it's a very small side of me.  The funny thing, though, is that I've already convinced everyone that I can't do crafts, so now when I do try to do them with my friends, they usually step in and do most of the work for me.  This doesn't actually bother me at all-- I still end up with cute stuff and hang-out time!  And this is exactly what happened with my Father's Day project: I recruited a couple friends to help me make this for Craig, and they pretty much did all of the work for me.  But didn't they do a great job???  I love it!  And more important, Craig loved it, too.

Everyone wins!



Thanks to my awesome (and super-crafty) friends!

2 comments:

Vangie said...

Hurray for crafty friends (for you and me, both)!

The frame looks great!

Juliana said...

Love this post!! Love all your projects, too!

I'm learning how to sew this summer (so far I'm at cutting and sewing a straight-ish line...baby steps) AND working on my reading list. I haven't figured out a time-balance for both yet. Maybe someday? :)