Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ryder!

Ryder has officially joined the exclusive club for 3-year-olds!  It means taking the rule-testing of Terrible Twos to a whole new level.  But it also means learning to do so many things for yourself and finally talking clearly enough that even people other than me can understand and so much more!

And let me just tell you-- when Ryder isn't being a pill by refusing to put on his shoes or something, he sure is delightful!  I always tell Craig that Ryder will be a great boyfriend some day.  He enjoys telling me things like, "Your hair looks GREAT today, Mommy!" or if I'm having a bad day, will worriedly ask, "Okay, Mommy?  Okay?"  And I can always count on him for a quick hug whenever I need it (unlike Bentley, who will refuse, and Kendra, who won't let go).  Ryder is really good at making me happy, which is pretty impressive for a 3-year-old!

Since his birthday fell on Thanksgiving Day this year, and the idea of eating cake AFTER a Thanksgiving feast sort of turned my stomach, we celebrated early with Grandma and Grandpa.  And had a lovely time-- three years old is entering the perfect age for getting super excited about presents, as you can see from the pictures!

The birthday kid always gets to lick the cake batter





Very excited for the pile of presents Grandma and Grandpa brought...

That is one happy boy!

One of his favorite books (now I can stop getting it from the library!)



So excited!
He loves his new Lightning McQueen slippers!

This toy was a favorite (and made Bentley incredibly jealous)

Dessert time at Red Robin!

And time for cake!



Love those happy grins.  Where would I be without my little Ryder-Pieder?

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I smiled all the through that blog. Ryder is such a cutie!!