Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

We get really excited for Christmas around here.  Craig begins playing those special tunes and decorating as soon as he possibly can.  We love it.  But I don't usually manage to blog a single thing about it until the middle of January.  So for what is probably the first time ever, here are a few pictures of our pre-holiday celebrating!!!  There will be many more to come as Craig's family rolls into town and we REALLY begin partying Smith do-stuff-every-single-day style!

But here's what we've already been up to:

Ryder climbs into the Christmas tree box, making it now look like a coffin.  Happy Holidays!

Colton's first look at a Christmas tree: absolute magic.  Baby's first Christmas is special no matter how old that baby is, but there is something fun about having a baby old enough to get excited about a glowing, ornamented tree!

Followed quickly by Colton's first try at grabbing ornaments off the tree.  They've all been moved to higher ground now.

Then Colton proceeded to get into a wrestling match with the tree skirt.

It was touch and go for a while

Yes, he actually did this to himself.  We did not pose him.

I think he finally beat it, fair and square!

Peace, good will towards men.

And women.

The finished product!

Let it snow!  And let school be cancelled!

I love that the kids put an extra carrot in his stick arms, looking like a fat cigar or something.  But if you start to really think about it, it gets weirder and weirder: he's holding an extra nose????  Creepy...
And what's Christmas without a white elephant gift exchange?  I got this treasure.  The kids are afraid of it.  I'm kind of afraid of it, too, actually.  Craig took it to school and plans to make a sign that reads, "Unruly students will be fed to Lenee."

We busted out our soft and cozy jammies.  And napped in them.

{Sigh}

Bentley got to ride the Santa Train with his friend Liam (and Liam's big sisters)

Craig did a heck of a lot of baking.  Featured here: spritz cookies, bark, triple chunk cookies, gingerbread man, fudge, and salted caramel Rice Krispie treats.  Most recipes can be found on my recipe blog!

We had moments of brotherly love (and notice all the snowflakes in the background!)

Colton turned 9 months old, and got to have his portrait done!

I was beyond excited when I found this outfit for him-- he looks like he could be in Newsies!

Rocking the backwards hat look, even as a Newsie.

And just because I can't resist...

We also attended the Cub Scout Christmas party.  Here Grandma helps Ryder with a sticker nativity set

Kendra is hard at work on hers, too.

And Bentley and Peter, of course!

I was experimenting with holding Colton in the Ergo on my hip.  I think I may need to watch the video again, though...

Grandpa also helps out

Three of the four went to see Santa.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get that dumb scout out of the background!

Afterwards, Kendra wanted to have a few words with Santa without those pesky brothers around

Too precious.

Colton clapping his hands and other general merriment.




And no Christmas is complete without a trip to see the temple lights (and the Capitol Clarion Bell Choir!!!)

It actually was super warm; they didn't need those coats at all.

The whole gang



Merry Christmas, everyone!  I hope your holidays are jolly and full of fun and a few moments of peace and goodwill!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

That was a perfect way to put me in a Christmasy mood for the last weekend before Christmas. Loved Colton vs. the tree skirt, temple lights, loving siblings & all else not mentioned ( although Ryder in wrapping box was a little scary-of course, he looked adorable!)!

Anne said...

I love those peace on earth photos! And all of Craig's baking!!! I wish we lived closer!!

Natalie R. said...

I love all of the Christmas pictures!!!! That's so fun, I just love this time of year. :0) I'm glad you guys were able to do so many fun things all together!!