Thursday, July 6, 2017

By Way of Explanation

Craig and I are heading out tomorrow, just the two of us!  Tracy arrived yesterday, all ready to watch the kids.  We're packing in the morning and then we are outta here!

We leave at noon and drive to Dulles, then fly to Seattle.  We've got almost exactly 48 hours in Seattle, which time will be spent going to my 20 year high school reunion (!!!) for which I may or may not have lost almost 20 pounds.  (I like the symmetry of those numbers.)  I'm excited to see some of my old friends, and really nervous about seeing everyone else.  I don't have a lot of fond memories from high school, so I'm not sure how this will all go down.  I suspect that hardly anyone will remember who I am, and I won't remember them either.  But I worry that people will remember just how annoying I was in high school.  Because I was.  I'm one of those people who will suddenly remember conversations I had with people when I was in high school and then I won't be able to sleep because I'm just cringing at what a moron I was.  What fun, to relive those memories!

I'm kidding.  I really am excited to see my actual friends.  And meet their kids!  I wish I could show off my own kids, too, but flying all of them across the country was too expensive to even be considered.  Some other day, I suppose.

Anyway, reunion stuff is all day Saturday.  Then I plan to sleep in Sunday as late as I feel like, get dressed and all ready for church and drive to my sister Natalie's place.  We'll all go to church together, and I'll leave my parents' car at Natalie's (free parking!!!) and let her take us to the airport.

Then we fly to Hawaii.

Where I get to see my parents.  And where we stay for a week.  At a hotel right on the water in Waikiki.  Without any kids.  And without having to worry about any of those kids drowning.  And without any real responsibilities at all, really. 

And I'm just a teensy bit excited about all that. 

I'll be flooding this blog with pictures when I come back!


No comments: