Thursday, March 15, 2018

Camille is Three

Camille turned three in February, so that was very exciting and a little weird to think that my "baby" is getting so big so fast and isn't really a baby at all any more.  During the week of her birthday she suddenly started acting like a complete brat, so it's nice to know that she's right on schedule for her age!  She's mostly super fun, but she's got quite the chip on her shoulder at times....  A few examples:

-The other day, she was laying on her stomach in the hallway, playing with a dollhouse.  When I walked by her, she smiled sweetly and said, "Hi, Mommy!" and then she immediately scowled and followed up with, "Now go away!"  Nice, kid.

-Early in the morning, she was snuggled up against me, tracing the stripes on my bathrobe.  I asked her what she was doing and her answer was, "I'm just... doing what I'm doing."

-Yesterday, she cried for 10 minutes because I hadn't had time to grab her a snack (we were just dropping Colton off at speech therapy and returning home, so she just needed to wait a few minutes-- I wasn't being cruel here).  At the end of her crying she yelled, "You're just ruining my entire life!"  Can't wait to see what she's like as a teenager!

Can you tell she got herself dressed?

So excited for her "new" carseat

She's very tricky-- she learned this in gymnastics class
I LOVE it when kids sit on their feet like this-- it's so cute!


This picture feels a little dirty, but aren't these socks from my sister Leah cute???
Here she is laughing as Colton puts his feet on her...?

That's some good duck face

She and Ryder look like siblings here

Here she is (on her birthday) looking impressed by her superhero brother

Kendra fastened a balloon onto her hat, and then Camille proceeded to wear it.  Reminds me of Blossom!

Here she is pouting on the stairs


Anyway, for her birthday, I invited a few friends over to play and have desserts (mini cupcakes for the kids, leftover book club treats for the grown-ups).  And then in the evening we had Costco pizza and family movie night, which is always a delight.  So I think it was a good day.  I'm always torn with how to celebrate my kids' birthdays-- how to make it special without just throwing away money for no good reason.  A few days later we celebrated her birthday and Kendra's with Grandma and Grandpa, but I think that will be another post (assuming I remember!).

Camille is such a kick-- she cracks me up all the time.  And even though I like to complain about how bossy she is, I secretly love that about her.  I like girls who refuse to let their big brothers (or even their mommy) push them around.  This girl will go places in life, just you wait!

I love my Cami-P!

No comments: