Thursday, March 8, 2018

Richmond Science Museum

With some of the Christmas money we received, we decided to get a membership to the Richmond Museum of Science.  A couple of our kids had been there for field trips and liked it, and we figured this would be a good Saturday activity to get us through the winter months.  We've been twice so far and it's been a lot of fun-- it's nice to spend half the day there, and know we can come back and keep exploring.  This last time, just as we were about to leave, I discovered a whole new wing, so there's still more to look forward to!

Playing air hockey against a machine

Trying to make herself as small as possible.  Doesn't this look like she's just been tortured or something?
Yeah, this looks like a movie poster for a psychological thriller.  From the 80s.  Perhaps involving a computer...

I told her to smile, but she couldn't be bothered to look up!

Snuggly Colton


Craig was proud of the American flag he fashioned out of the glo-lights

Four kids all playing nicely together!

I like that you can see Bentley helping Camille here-- good big brother!


My "big" kids chilling

We went back again this last Saturday, bringing Craig's parents with us this time.  And we had a blast again!  So this has already been a good investment and we look forward to many more trips this year!
Giant outdoor chess set!

I love how Ryder is carrying this pawn that's half his size!

Bentley insisted we see Rat Basketball and it was actually really fun-- who knew rats could be so entertaining???
You can see us sitting up front

Everyone except Colton was excited to pet the rat afterwards
Even Camille!  I think she stood in line twice to do it!

And now Bentley wants a pet rat.  Of course.


I think this was where you could experience hurricane force winds?  I think Camille and I were having a snack at this point...

After the museum, Craig's parents treated us to dinner at Chuy's.  It was a bit of a wait (which is why I'm wrestling Ryder here) but the food was EXCELLENT.

Here's another one where I don't look scary
The kids discover Push-Ups.  And yes, Bentley has mastered the art of looking weird for a picture, while making it look as if he doesn't know his picture is being taken.  Trust me, that face was on purpose.  My wacky son...


One of the weird things about all this is that... (drumroll, please)... WE DON'T NEED A STROLLER.  I haven't done day activities like this without a stroller in 11 years!  Such progress!  Yay for family fun!

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow! No stroller!! I really enjoyed all the pictures. What a cute, cute family!! Sounds like the museum is a very fun place.

Anne said...

Bentley's terrible on purpose face reminds me of my dear oldest and cracks me up! Haha

Alanna said...

hi this is bentley and a pet rat would be lit and also I had know clue that you were taking the photo so yeah...

)en said...

I agree, a pet rat would, indeed, be lit. As is that giant light bright (lite brite?)

Jen Evans said...

Lit!! Lol it’s funny how kids get older and we stay the same age. How do they know slang?