Friday, January 4, 2019

Christmas!

The actual day began at 7am when we'd told the kids they were allowed out of bed.  They were very good about taking turns and opening gifts one at a time and the whole thing was really so fun!  They opened presents for nearly an hour before we made them stop so we could have cinnamon and orange rolls (I mean, cinnamon rolls AND orange rolls; not cinnamon-and-orange rolls; that would be gross).  And then it was back to the presents!  Leah and her family joined us a bit later and they all opened stockings together, which was nice.




Green Eggs and Ham in Spanish!

We got a laser tag set.  I love Colton's tough face!

Colton got a giraffe Squishmallow pillow which I promptly needed to steal.  He also got a cute stuffed animal bunny that looks a lot like our real bunny!
Craig getting the turkey all prepped.  Those purple serial killer gloves come in handy all the time!
Camille is also good at showing me her tough girl face!
Colton very deliberately pulled this face, and I am honestly not sure if he's supposed to be hungry to eat the turkey or in shock at how big it is...?  But I LOVE that face, whatever the interpretation!

The rest of Craig's family all came in the afternoon and we all got to work finishing dinner.  Christmas dinner is always a bit of a production (at least, the way we do it), and feeding 21 people is no small feat.  But feeding 21 people Christmas dinner when you have to be extremely careful about which things are kept gluten-free and which things are vegetarian really gets tricky!  As far as I know, we pulled it all off with aplomb (if I may say so myself).  We had two turkeys, one ham, two different gravies, three kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, TONS of rolls, two sheet pans of broccoli bake, cooked carrots, two pumpkin pies, two chocolate caramel pecan pies, and one apple pie.  And a can of cranberry sauce that I forgot to open until my Mom asked if we had any.

Quite the feast!  So, naturally, Brian ended up having to heat up chicken nuggets so his kids would eat.  Typical!
Theo fell asleep on Leah's arm!  I guess we should be glad she's right-handed!


It was a lovely-- if exhausting-- day!  Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: