Monday, January 21, 2019

Snowy Weekend

They were predicting another big snow storm this last weekend, so everyone canceled EVERYTHING and it was AWESOME.  We only got about 4 inches, but that bought us a three-day weekend with hardly anything scheduled-- no church, no piano recital, and no school!

So that gave Craig the time he needed to get a jump start on painting our family room!

The room has always been a buttery yellow color, and it wasn't bad.  But I'm just not a huge fan of yellow.  I've been wishing it was grey for a long time now, so we're finally getting to it (we've only been here 3.5 years, so that's totally legit!).  We also got a new TV for Christmas-- that was what I decided to spend my babysitting earnings on.  It's so silly because I have NEVER cared about having a TV or what size it is or anything.  But then a few months ago the prices for big huge TVs got WAY cheaper and suddenly I just really wanted one!  So we shopped around with Costco's black Friday sales and found the biggest cheapest-but-still-a-decent-picture TV we could and grabbed it.  Craig had fun getting it loaded into the van when the guys helping him exclaimed, "We've NEVER had so much room for one of these TVs before!"  And since it will be hanging it on a different wall, it makes perfect sense to paint while we're at it.

So we've been under construction all week.  Which is awful.  And so messy.  I hate mess.  And babysitting was a huge pain because I couldn't put the baby gate up (because there was a couch in the way) so I spent the whole day following Theo up and down stairs hoping he wouldn't die.  (Fortunately, I was only babysitting for one day that week.)

But the good news is that Craig finished all the painting yesterday and we put all the furniture back into the room today and I love it!

Craig will mount the new TV today (he's at Lowe's getting cables that he needs and light switches and stuff).  And some time in the near future, we will be shopping for a new couch.

Exciting stuff!


Doing a panorama made the couch a little wonky-- it doesn't actually curve!

No comments: