Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Crazy Weekend

The weekend of December 7th had a few crazy activities for me in addition to buying a townhome and trying to clean it from top to bottom.  First of all, my friend Vangie was taking over as host of the Manassas II White Elephant Gift Exchange/Ugly Sweater Party!  That was the evening of the 8th, so as soon as I was done pouring vinegar all over everything in the townhouse, I hurried home, and showered and drove myself to Manassas.  I met up with a bunch of my friends in Cafe Rio and had dinner before heading over to Vangie's lovely new house for the party.

Best. Party. EVAH!!!!

And oh my gosh, that party is so fun!!!!!  I missed it last year, so it was even better getting to be back again this year!

The only things putting a damper on the evening was that I still smelled vaguely of vinegar, and I was kind of nervous because I was going to be speaking the next day at Stake Conference*.  I might have tried to spend the night at one of my friends' homes, but with this looming on the horizon, I figured I needed my normal shower and makeup routine!  I also knew I couldn't stay too late gabbing with my friends if I was going to get any sleep at all and not look like a zombie for this talk.

So-- because I have the best luck in the whole world-- right as the party was ending, I checked my texts and THEY HAD CANCELED STAKE CONFERENCE!  The weather forecast predicted lots of snow, so they just canceled everything.

SO I GOT TO STAY LATE TALKING WITH EVERYONE AND I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!!

And when I finally did drag myself away, and climbed into bed at 1:30 in the morning, it didn't even matter because I could sleep as late as I wanted the next day!!!  And as if that wasn't fabulous enough, the weatherman totally nailed it and we got about a foot of snow!  So school was canceled for several days and life was just wonderful!


Camille always manages to look crazy!  (I have since bought her snow pants, too, lest you be concerned.)

Bentley's friends are weird...

The sledding hill!

Those snow days also gave Craig some time to get more cleaning done at the townhouse, so that was a real blessing for us.  We needed that extra bit of time.

So my stressful weekend ended up being mostly totally fun!  I am SO glad I got to see my Manassas friends again!!!

(This one was several days later after a lot of the snow had melted.)



*For my non-LDS friends, Stake Conference happens twice a year and is when you have a whole bunch of congregations in one area all meet together-- in our case, 10 congregations, with the talks being broadcast to several different locations.  I don't get scared very easily, but the prospect of speaking in front of THAT many people did have me intimidated!

No comments: