Thursday, April 25, 2019

Changes

Last week as Danielle was picking up Theo and Quinn, she mentioned that she would be putting Theo into daycare next year.  She explained, "We need him to be in the same place every day so we can actually keep track of our schedule!"  This makes perfect sense, especially since a few days before, Tim TOTALLY forgot to pick up the kids and was over twenty minutes late, even though he works from home and lives two minutes away.  This schedule where we're constantly trading between me and Grandma watching the kids is definitely complicated for everyone.  (And I suspect that Grandma is less than enthused to be providing free daycare two days a week, plus shuttling the kids around on her off days.)  The daycare won't take Theo until he turns two, though, so Danielle was hopeful that I could babysit for those few weeks where work has started but Theo is still too young. 

I have SUCH mixed feelings about all this.  Part of me is relieved-- I can do WHATEVER I WANT next year!  It will just be me and Camille and Camille is SO EASY to take places!  We're going to have a blast together!  It will be so easy not trying to schedule all our other stuff into two days!  But part of me is also sad-- No more extra money coming in.  And I really will miss Theo and Quinn.

And then there's that loud, obnoxious part of my brain that keeps worrying, Did I just get fired...?

No comments: