Saturday, April 20, 2019

This'n'That

I feel like there are SO many other little things we've been busy with, so we're going to make them all into a hodgepodge, photo dump post!  Enjoy!

Colton's new post-church look.  I've started calling him Magic Mike XXX

Squishmallow pillows were on sale at Costco, so each of my kids bought themselves one.  Now we have...  a LOT.

Can you tell who is nervous about swimming lessons and who is overconfident?

Bentley after camping

Scooter has been molting, and getting these adorable orange feathers along his forehead-- so cute!

The kids totally let me sleep in one Saturday because they were busy setting up a "store" in Ryder's room.  SO FABULOUS!
Camille found the wolf ears from our trip to Great Wolf Lodge and shared with Theo!

SPRING!!!!  I LOVE these eastern redbuds!!!!

I signed Camille up for an Art in the Park class.  The boy behind her-- I am NOT making this up-- is named Beowulf.  I'm usually against most government interventions, but in this case, maybe someone should have stopped his parents...

Camille borrowed clothes from Casey so they could play outside even though it was wet.  When he saw her, he said, "Hi, Casey!" and they repeated that back and forth a bunch-- it was hysterical!


Kendra's friend invited us to participate in a fundraiser for Type I diabetes.  I had no idea it would be SO MUCH FUN-- we had a great time (and walking a mile was cake-- phew!)!




Another choir concert!  This was the one where people from the community can practice with us Saturday morning and then participate for the concert-- it's a lot of fun to suddenly have twice as many people (even if the risers do get very crowded!).  This time we were singing Rutter's Requiem and it was lovely.  So much beautiful music that I get to learn!
Just the Oratorio Society

Trying to make room for all the newcomers!

The Young Men (and their leaders) have been busy doing yard work projects to earn money for scout camp.  Bentley was pretty excited to get to drive this tractor:


And now that the weather has warmed up, Craig is back to working on the tree house with the kids.  Look at all they've done!
Tough Colton!
I love girls that can use power tools!




That was a pain to do!

Floor is done!  Now what???
This girl.  I'm not sure what kills me more, the Beauty & the Beast nightgown paired with the snow boots, or that face as she rides her Harley Davidson tricycle...  Either way, she's crazy.  But in an awesome way.
Back in the fall, I saw this gorgeous ceramic pot and fell in love.  We needed something to go where our poor deceased cherry blossom tree used to be, so this was as good a cover up as any.  And now I finally have something planted in it!  I'm pleased with the arrangement-- yellow roses, heather, snapdragons, and a couple other flowers I can't name.  Now we'll see if I can keep it all alive...


The weather is gorgeous all the leaves are unfurling so fast you almost think you can see it.  In on fast week, the view of the freeway has disappeared behind the foliage and am LOVING seeing green everywhere outside my windows!  Also faithfully taking my Zyrtec and trying to stay inside as much as possible and shower a lot to get all the pollen off me.  It's not easy being allergic.  But oh, that green!!!

Life is good!

No comments: