Saturday, April 20, 2019

My New Family Room!

In March, Danielle (the woman I babysit for) was asked to increase her work hours, which meant she turned around and asked me to increase MY work hours, too.  So now I babysit two or three days a week, instead of one or two.  And then her mother (who is their other babysitter) caught the flu, which turned into bronchitis, so they asked me to fill in even more while she was recuperating.  So I've felt a LOT busier this last month or two than normal.  (Which is also why I haven't been blogging as much.)

But on the plus side, I made a chunk of money and we were able to buy all new furniture for our family room, so that's been pretty awesome!
I should have cleaned the desk and waited for better lighting.  Oh, well.  This is why I am NOT a lifestyle blogger!


The whole thing has been a HUGE pain.  I bought the chaise lounge from a local lady-- she was selling it for a good price and it's from Pottery Barn (or Crate and Barrel?  I can't remember now-- one of those expensive stores that I never shop at), so it should last a good long time.  We found the couch on Target.com, but when it arrived, the whole frame was bent so we had to send it back and order it again.  All of this was a tremendous amount of work with lots of very long phone calls with Target and trying to convince them (successfully!) that someone needed to pick it up INSIDE the house and NO I could not leave it outside to be picked up!  And then I was so nervous that the next one would be damaged, too!  But Couch 2.0 was fine.  Phew!  And then I found the chair on Overstock.com, and it was on sale for $100 off, so that made me happy!

Also, in order for the electric recliners on the couch to work, Craig needed to install a power outlet into the floor.  (Well, I guess the other option was to have cords all over the floor.  That seemed like a terrible idea, though...)  He did this while I was in Seattle-- isn't he so talented?



I really like how it all came together.  And now I would like to NOT do this again for a very long time!

No comments: