Monday, October 7, 2019

Disagreements

One of the many things I cherish about our marriage is that Craig and I pretty much never fight.

But one thing we've never exactly agreed on is when one should listen to Christmas music.  Craig begins playing Christmas music religiously the day after Thanksgiving.  And it's the ONLY music he listens to until December 26th.  And then he's done and doesn't play it again until the next year.

I'm a little less extreme.  I grew up not putting on Christmas music until December 1st, so I felt Craig was jumping the gun a little, but this wasn't a hill I needed to die on.  I just thought he was funny.  But I also listen to other music throughout that time, depending on my mood.  And I continue playing Christmas music (if I feel like it) throughout the first week or two of January.  I'm pretty flexible.  Craig would probably say I'm not as devoted as he is.

This is not something that has ever caused contention, it's just sort of a funny difference.

But now Craig gets the last laugh, because with my choir, we start rehearsing Christmas music the week after Labor Day.  This year on the docket we've got Fum, Fum, Fum, Silent Night (the MoTab arrangement!), Here We Come A-Wassailing, Go Tell It On the Mountain, and Do You Hear What I Hear.  Plus more that I still need to learn.

And I will admit that I'm totally loving it.  Yay for MORE Christmas music, even if it means Craig wins!

No comments: