Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Kings Dominion

Craig had the idea that we should get season passes for Kings Dominion, a somewhat local amusement park, while Camille is still free.  He figured we could start now while they've got Halloween stuff going on, but then we realized that we had plans for EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY in October.  So we picked the least busy Saturday and canceled everything and headed towards Richmond for a day of roller coasters!

These pictures are in no particular order whatsoever.  And I make no apologies for that!

Camille is driving!  ...On the wrong side of the street!
Colton, on the other hand, very carefully stuck to all the rules for actual driving.  I had no idea he knew so much!

Craig took a very long video of Colton and Camille tooling around in these little cars.  I'm not going to bother posting it here because it's a pain to upload stuff on to YouTube, but it's an oddly soothing video to watch.  It's not exciting-- it's maybe even little boring-- and yet...  I couldn't stop watching.  Sort of like that weird video of the Nautilus finding a bunch of octopus devouring a whale carcass...




Hay maze!

Watching Ryder steering this on his own was an absolute delight-- he's such a fun kid!



The "Eiffel Tower"

Camille shows how scared she is


Bentley was excited to drive
Craig texted me asking what ride we were in line for.  I didn't know how to describe it, so I just snapped a picture, but the lighting turned out kind of cool!


I mostly love how Craig is photobombing us here!


On top of the ferris wheel




We had a great time.  Ryder is our biggest daredevil, and he and Craig were the only ones willing to do the huge drop tower (biggest one I've ever seen!).  But everyone had fun, which was all I cared about.  I did wish we'd had longer because I ran out of time for some of the roller coasters I wanted to try-- so I guess it's a good thing we have season passes!  We'll be back soon!

No comments: