Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Girls' Beach Trip

 Warning: This Post Contains a LOT of Selfies.


My BFF from Manassas, Sarah, turned 40 this month!  She decided to celebrate by having an honest-to-goodness party with a Diet Coke theme and this amazing birthday cake:

I don't even like Diet Coke and I think this is beautiful!


And then she also wanted a quick girls' trip to the beach!  Tracy and I NEVER say No to stuff like that, so before I knew it, we had a hotel booked and we were all set!  They came and spent the night at my house Friday night (and kept things exciting by Tracy entering the WRONG HOUSE and Sarah almost crashing at the end of the T-street into my neighborhood (it's a good thing we don't drink-- think of the trouble we'd be in THEN!)) and then Saturday morning we headed east!

We stopped for lunch at Cafe Rio in Norfolk


and then got all checked into our hotel after first stopping at the wrong one...   Hmmm, I'm noticing a theme here...

We were on the 11th floor AND had a corner room, so we spent a LOT of time just sitting on the balcony admiring the view and listening to the ocean. 





Finally we actually went to the beach and sat on the sand gabbing away.  Around 8pm we were finally a little bit hungry, so we spent a few minutes paddling around the hotel pool to get the worst of the sand off us and then wandered the boardwalk until we found the milkshakes and french fries for dinner.  That's how we adult.



The inside of this place-- the Sweet Spot-- reminded me of Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, where Harry Potter and Cho Chang share their first and only date.  And the milkshakes were a lot like the Lava Shakes Craig and I got in Waikiki-- a lot of fun, but almost too much trouble to bother eating!



We stayed up until 3am, back out on the balcony talking away until I finally had to call it a night.  I was sad that we had to check out of our hotel by 11 and couldn't just be as lazy as possible in the morning.  We got all packed up (and I made Sarah help bobbypin my hair, something Craig is useless at!) and got our suitcases packed into the car.  Then we walked over to Duck Donuts and had the distinct pleasure of watching Sarah enjoy her first donut from there!  Definite love at first bite!

Then we grabbed our chairs and went and sat on the beach for a few more hours before we finally had to drive home.  It was such a nice little break and SO GOOD to spend so much time with my besties!



1 comment:

Patrice said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah! Glad you all had such a fun time-it looked delightful. Always nice to have a little break from real life and then so nice to get back to reality!!