Thursday, February 25, 2021

Kendra's 13th Birthday

Kendra is a TEENAGER!!!!  Now we have two teenagers in the house!!!  😱

February birthdays are hard, and poor Kendra got quite the icy snowstorm on hers, which meant changing some of our plans.  But on the plus side-- she didn't have to do Zoom school on her birthday, either, so I guess it could have been worse?  Either way, she was a very good sport about it all!

We finally managed to celebrate with grandparents the day before her birthday, so that meant lots of food (this time we opted for Hawaiian BBQ-- yum!) and presents for both Kendra and Camille:

Camille tries to decide what to open first

She was VERY excited for this unicorn robe

A tiny, 3D Totoro puzzle!

Modeling her new Hamilton sweatshirt

On her actual birthday, we all got to sleep in, which was great!  And then Craig made pancakes for everyone and Kendra opened her presents (unfortunately the stuff I ordered for her arrived late, so that was lame-- lucky for us, she'd gotten a few other things from my family!). 


For dinner I made Mongolian beef in the crock pot, which is a recipe we got from Jeni and has become a family favorite!  We had planned on getting her doughnuts that evening, but the entire driveway was covered by a sheet of ice, so she decided brownies would work instead.  And lucky her, I messed up and quadrupled the recipe, so we've been eating brownies ever since!  There are worse things that could go wrong...!

Happy Birthday to my sweet, teenaged Kendra!  

You might be taller than me, but that doesn't mean you aren't still my little girl! 

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Happy Birthday to Camille and Kendra! Two beautiful girls! I can't believe Kendra is a teenager now!! Yikes!

Natalie R. said...

Happy birthday, Kendra!!! I’m glad it was a fun birthday, and I can’t believe she’s a teenager!!!