Monday, February 15, 2021

More of February...

We seem to be on some sort of schedule where we get snow on the weekends!  And since we don't usually go anywhere, this has very little effect on our plans.  (I should put that in ironic quote marks.  "Plans."  Ha.)

Big boxes are STILL fun to play in!


Ryder figured out how to put his clothes on upside-down...  I'm just glad he didn't try it with his underwear...  It already looks a bit NSFW...

The kids always demand hot cocoa after they've been out in the snow.  That seems like a fair reward for some outdoor play time!

Making cute stuffed animals even cuter!

If you look closely, you can see that she is wearing her sleepers under that coat, and she's worn them inside out, since that is what teachers say you have to do to get snow!

Unfortunately, the one thing we did have planned this last weekend did have to be pushed back, and that was celebrating the girls' birthdays with their grandparents.  It seemed mean enough postponing on them, so we decided to go ahead with their dinner and dessert plans (Raising Cane's and cheesecake!).  So at least it wasn't a terrible evening.  The presents will keep!
Craig somehow made this so that their candles matched their plates-- how nice! 


Decorating Valentine's Day cookies at Sydney's house...


Craig determined that the roads were clear enough for church to happen.  And just to be doubly sure, he went super early for bishopric, but also to see if there were icy patches he needed to worry about.  The whole route was fine, but the stairs and sidewalk at the church were a MESS.  So he was out shoveling and putting down salt in his suit.  As one does.  Meanwhile, I was back at home getting everyone else ready to go, only to realize that my car (which does not get parked in the garage) was iced shut!  I finally managed to pry the back doors open, and made Bentley crawl up to the front to start the engine and retrieve my ice scraper.  I set to work punching holes through the ice so I could then wipe the snow underneath away.  I'd just gotten new mittens and I was sure happy I had them!  And I was glad that we go to church super early (so Bentley can set up the sacrament trays) because it probably took me 15 minutes to have that car ready to drive!  And even then, we could still only open up the passenger door!  Fortunately by the time we got to the church, all the other doors had thawed out.  What a mess!


In other news, this is currently my favorite comic strip:
Yay, Pearls Before Swine!

I've survived January and we're halfway through February!  It's only going to get better from here!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Pearls before Swine is wonderful!!!! Loved all the adorable pictures. The kids are so cute! Keep up the good work. I'm very impressed that you made it to church!