Saturday, June 26, 2021

Foxcroft Girls Gone Wild

So I took off for the weekend!  With a bunch of other women from my neighborhood!  They'd rented a house in Lynchburg and organized everything and I mostly just had to show up!  I did bring killer crunch brownies to share.  That was my big contribution.

And even though I was very nervous about how I'd fit in, especially when I knew the wine (and CBD gummies 😬, it turned out) would be flowing freely, I had a FABULOUS time!  The whole weekend was really great.  Phew!!! 😅

This was the house, and I think it had seven bedrooms, so everyone got their own room!  I don't love sleeping with someone else in the room, so that was lovely.  (There was also an extra house with a couple more beds, so we really had plenty of room.)

We had a white elephant gift exchange!  Everyone wanted the shirt and hat from Nola Builds (Rachel's husband's construction company), but unfortunately it got stolen from me, so I didn't get to keep it.  But Annissa was nice and gave me the sunglasses, which was all I really wanted anyway...!  (That's me on the bottom right, in case you couldn't tell...)
My room!  It was only after I'd gotten settled that I realized that the bed was the same one Craig and I used to have!!!!  No wonder it felt so homey to me!

First night's dessert tray!  I think I gave myself a headache from eating too much sugar...

I guess this is enough snacks for two days...

Back deck

We all spent a lot of time just laying around the pool reading and chatting.  And no one whined at us the entire time.  It. was. aMAZing.

View of the back of the house

They made t-shirts for everyone and I was really pleased with the shirt I got (which reads, "I'll bring the getaway car")-- I really didn't want it to be something lame, but I'm a hard person to pin down for stuff like this.  But I thought this was very funny and apropos!

I loved this trellis and the huge lawn behind it.  Apparently this house is used for weddings sometimes, and I can totally picture that!

Chilling on the front porch!

The whole gang!  l-r (back): me, Rebekah, Ginna, Brandy, Annissa, Laurel, (front) Rachel, Kate.  Some of the other t-shirts said, "I'll bring the chutzpah, unsteady gait, dilated eyes, voice of reason, adult supervision, etc..."  So, yeah, getaway car was not bad!

Am I in pain?  Why am I pulling this face?

All packed up and ready to head home!

I got home feeling so refreshed and happy and excited to see my family again.  And I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: