Friday, August 6, 2021

And Everything Else from Last Week, Too!

In what proved to be remarkably bad timing, I'd managed to sign my little kids up for summer school the same week that Bentley and Kendra were going to their various church camps.  This would have been AWESOME if not for Isaiah's sudden appearance in our lives.  That messed everything up.  Because when you're trying to make sure a 2-year-old doesn't get into too much trouble, the more eyes on him, the better.  But suddenly I was all alone for the bulk of the day with no helpers at all!  So that was kind of lame.

But I was still excited for Bentley and Kendra to get to do outdoor camp, since it didn't happen last year!

He could barely lift this-- fun!

Kendra didn't have to carry quite so much

And in a completely jerky move, Bentley grew taller than me right before leaving!  I don't think it's right that TWO of my kids passed me by in the SAME YEAR.  Aren't there rules against this???

All this to say, I was very excited to get my kids back at the end of the week!  And each afternoon, I'd just be waiting until I could pick up the little kids from school.  I totally missed them!  They'd beg to get to stay the whole time and I'd be like, "I'll just pick you up an hour or so early..."  

Collecting my kids again after a week of camping!

We got home and Bentley and Kendra were both understandably anxious to take showers.  So we let them stay home and relax while the rest of us went to Adam's house to make pizzas!

We started out with him showing us his beehives and explaining how the bees live to the kids.  Can you see them all clustered on the outside of the hive?  That's because it was a hot day, so they were cooling off there!  (Craig took this picture while he let Isaiah wander a bit further away from the hive.

Next, Adam let the kids pick tomatoes to put on our pizzas!

And then Adam showed them how to roll out the dough!  (At this point, I think I was outside wrangling Isaiah, who kept finding dirt to throw in his hair.  Also fun!)

Adam had this awesome pizza oven that heated up to like 900℉ or something, so the pizzas would cook in about a minute-- it was so cool to watch!

Everyone had a great time (even Isaiah, once we gave him graham crackers and let him run around on the lawn with a very long leash!) and the pizzas were delicious!  And as we traded off holding Isaiah's leash, Craig and I were able to make ourselves some pretty amazing pizzas, too.  (I'd forgotten how much I LOOOOOOVE roasted garlic!)

Adam had made a trip to Lynchburg that day, so he'd also picked up cinnamon rolls from Mrs. Joy's for us!  Notice Camille making herself right at home!

As we drove home, the kids said, "Adam's house is so much fun!  Let's go there every day!"  Watch out, Adam-- you were too good of a host! 😂

So July ended on a high note!  It was a wonderful month, even if it was all a little insane!

No comments: